You can send emails to specific sectors of our students by year group, college/department or course.
Emails can be sent in HTML format, but we cannot include attachments.
The charge for sending a targeted email is £150 + VAT.
Please note that we send only two targeted emails per week during term times so it is advisable to book well in advance.
Please select the slot that you wish to book from the list below.
Terms and Conditions of Booking
- There is a charge of £150 + VAT to send a targeted email. This is a flat rate, regardless of the size of cohort you wish to target.
- If you cancel the booking arrangement less than 5 working days before the email is due to be sent, you will still incur the full £150 + VAT fee.
- If you fail to send your material before the circulation date for the email, we regard the email as cancelled. You will still incur the full fee.
- All bookings are subject to our approval of your email content. If you fail to send your material to us before the cancellation period end and we then reject your booking due to unsuitable content, you will still be charged.
- We reserve the right to reject any booking at our sole discretion.
- We reserve the right to edit the content of your email to ensure compliance with university policies and procedures. We will take reasonable steps to ensure you are informed on any major alterations.
- Any changes to the original booking instructions made after the end of the cancellation period, including email content, selection criteria, etc. will be allowed at our sole discretion.
- E-shots can only be sent in plain text format. We are unable to accept graphics, logos, or other HTML codings.
- It is the content-sender’s responsibility to ensure that all content is factually correct. We do not check emails for errors including but not limited to factual accuracy, spelling, or grammar.
- Emails are sent to the email account provided to students by the University. We do not send material to students’ personal accounts. We offer no guarantee that students use their University email accounts or that they will read any material sent to them.
- We do not collate any information about read-rates, click-through, or any other indicator about student engagement with an email.
- We undertake to send the email on a working day during the week requested. Requests for distribution on specific dates will be honoured where possible, but cannot be guaranteed.
- Students can normally be targeted on the basis of year or academic discipline. We cannot guarantee our system categories will always precisely match very specific requirements. We reserve the right to exclude students who cannot reasonably be expected to make use of the information.
- We cannot always guarantee accuracy or precision in targeting. This is particularly the case during periods when large numbers of student records are being updated on our systems, e.g. Graduation from May to August and Registration in September and October.
- We cannot target students using any other criteria including, but not limited to, academic performance, nationality, gender, ethnicity, disabilities, age or any other category protected by the Equality Act or any similar legislation.
- The University Data Protection Policy allows students to opt-out of receiving certain types of email from the University, including targeted emails. Students that opt out will not receive your email.