Module Code: ECMM151
Module Lecturer(s): Prof James Brownjohn
The module deals with:
- Origins of earthquakes and estimation of seismic hazard
- Mathematical manipulation for multi-degree of freedom systems under base excitation leading to response spectrum approach
- Response spectrum analysis procedure to determine structure response and base shears
- Mathematical basis of base isolators and tuned mass dampers
- Use of simulations for visualising and analysing behaviour of base-excited structures
- Fragility approach to seismic structural risk to structures
You will have been prepared during ECMM149 for the mathematical developments and during ECMM140 for treatment of single degree of freedom (SDOF) systems and use of the NDOF simulator. NDOF is a very powerful software tool, that will be given to you, allowing you to simulate a wide range of SDOF and MDOF load and response scenarios and link them with the mathematical bases.
Bookings are limited to one person per module. If you require multiple bookings please contact email@example.com.