This two day virtual course on Monogenic Diabetes is aimed at consultants, SpRs and experienced DSNs, and is designed to help busy clinicians recognise and treat patients with MODY and other forms of monogenic diabetes. It will focus on the current practices and new developments in the management of monogenic diabetes.
The programme will include plenary lectures on major topics delivered by Prof. Andrew Hattersley and his team of international experts.
- Strategies to diagnose monogenic diabetes
- Recognising and managing the different forms of MODY: including HNF1A, HNF4A and GCK
- Management of MODY in pregnancy
- Managing treatment change in monogenic diabetes
- Complex genetic syndromes with diabetes
- Neonatal diabetes: genetic causes and effective management
- Inherited causes of insulin resistance, including lipodystrophy and insulin receptor mutations
- Genetic testing in the future
The Monogenic Diabetes Virtual Training Course February 2022 has been approved by the Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom for 8 category 1 (external) CPD credit(s)
2022 Virtual Rates:
Due to financial support from NHS England we are able to offer free places to attend this virtual course to ALL diabetes healthcare professionals working in England. Please select the 'NHS England Rate' when booking.